Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Kent Construction Consultants, East Kent’s Chartered Quantity Surveyors are actively seeking an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our Developments division. The role requires candidates who are ideally working towards becoming Degree qualified, hold over 2 years of experience with aspirations of becoming professionally recognised by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
Being the Assistant Quantity Surveyor, the successful candidate will be responsible for commercially managing and supporting our team of Senior Quantity Surveyors, reporting directly to our Managing Surveyor. The project/s will consist of new high-end residential developments located throughout East Kent.
The successful candidate must hold good client management and presentation skills with a keen interest to learn the profession. As a multi multi-disciplinary chartered practice our professional appointments include residential, hospitality and commercial projects for private clients, local developers and organisations. As the Assistant Quantity Surveyor representing the business, you will be required to shadow seniors and professionally advise and recommend the best commercial options and solutions to our high net worth clients.
Please see below the Assistant Quantity Surveyor role description but not limited to;
- Preparation of Cost Plans and aid Bills of Quantities
- Aid recommended Procurement Strategies
- Facilitate and delivering tender management and awards
- Traditional and Design & Build procurement delivery
- Management of both Main Contractors and Sub Contractors
- Executing JCT, NEC and/or Framework Main Contract and Subcontracts
- Preparation and submission of monthly Cost Reporting and/or CVRs
- Preparation and submission of monthly Valuation Assessments and Payment Notice Certificates in accordance with the form of contract and Construction Act
- Value change control management and valuing both risk and opportunities
- Review and aid cash Forecasts which align construction programmes
- Strong document management and presentation skills
- Commercial willing to learn the JCT suite of contracts
- Keen to learn and understand technical requirements of residential developments
- Ability to work collectively within the commercial team and wider professional team
- Coins experience or national house building experience is desirable
The successful candidate must hold a full UK Driving Licence and use of own transportation. The role will require the candidate to be based between home, site and our offices located in Westgate on Sea and Broadstairs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Main Contractor or Developer focused Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our hybrid commercial practice to elevate commercial opportunities and experience working across some of Kent’s most prestigious developments, procurement routes and clients. We also welcome Assistant Quantity Surveyors with a consultancy background who are looking to strengthen their commercial experience and technical knowledge.